Checkout our latest video – with some great news (watch until the end!):
We are pleased to announce that Ryan Maifield has won the 2017 IFMAR World Championship in the 2wd electric buggy class using the HMX® Technology HMX10 modified speed controller! With 5 drivers in the top 10 the HMX speed controllers were the most successful at this Worlds event.
Check out the settings of Ryan’s speed controller to try them yourself!
Checkout Ryan’s car:
Incredible result for the brand new HMX® Technology speed controllers at the 2017 ROAR 1/10 Electric Off-Road Nationals: Ty Tessmann sweeps the prestigious event winning the US National title in 2wd modified buggy, 4wd modified buggy and modified truck! Ryan Maifield and Jared Tebo complete the outstanding result for HMX®!
We have released new firmwares 1.04 and 2.04 for modified and blinky. The main changes are:
- Low end power response improved
- Possibility to have stronger brakes by lowering brake frequency
- Timing increase now has more effect on performance (need less timing than previous firmware)
- Punch setting range extended
- Max torque setting function improved
- Added a brake frequency setting to change brake feeling/power (lower = stronger)
- Modified firmware now has default working timing settings (RPM/Turbo) with 10deg timing (you don’t need to start from scratch anymore)
- Blinky firmware 2.04 is EFRA approved
The PC app and Android app have been updated to make them compatible with these changes. You need to update both the apps and the firmwares, the Apps are only fully compatible with the latest firmwares. If you had existing setups inside the Android app we recommend that you rework these setups again, because they might not be fully compatible with the new settings and/or they might not provide satisfactory performance as we have made changes to the power curve internal settings to improve overall performance and feeling.
NOTE: Modified and Blinky firmwares do not have the same internal settings, you need to use the Blinky firmware for best performance in Blinky class. The Blinky firmware is the only homologated firmware for Blinky races. With the Blinky firmware all the timing functions are always disabled, it is impossible to activate/use timing with it. The Apps and firmwares are always separate files, the Apps do not contain the firmwares, you need to download them through the Android app or manually from our hmxtechnology.com for the PC app (which you also have to download from the website).
Known issues in the Android app being worked on :
- After flashing a firmware you need to close and restart the app to be able to modify the settings
- Setups don’t show in the app unless you close and restart the app
- Voltage cut-off reverts to 2.8V/cell when a setup is used to change the settings vs making the settings manually
You can get the new files by clicking here.
We are pleased to inform you that new ESC firmwares and a new version of the PC software are available to download. The main difference is that you can now set the timing1start down to 1’000rpm instead of 10’000rpm. This will result in more performance for boosted stock and slower mod motors. With the new firmware and the new PC software you can also reset the settings to factory defaults. You must update the ESC and the PC software in order to use the new features.
You can get the new PC software and firmware files by clicking here.
We are pleased to inform you that Jörn Neumann’s settings from the video has been added to the HMX® app and can be downloaded immediately.
German top driver Jörn Neumann posted the following video on his Facebook page, where you can see how easy it is to calibrate and setup the HMX® ESC.
We are pleased to announce the latest update of the Android app with several bug fixes. You can download the latest version by clicking here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamorion.hmx