We are pleased to inform you that new ESC firmwares and a new version of the PC software are available to download. The main difference is that you can now set the timing1start down to 1’000rpm instead of 10’000rpm. This will result in more performance for boosted stock and slower mod motors. With the new firmware and the new PC software you can also reset the settings to factory defaults. You must update the ESC and the PC software in order to use the new features.
You can get the new PC software and firmware files by clicking here.
Don’t know if you need the Blinky or the Modified ESC? We have added a new user guide to our downloads section to help users choose the right ESC model.
We are pleased to inform you that Jörn Neumann’s settings from the video has been added to the HMX® app and can be downloaded immediately.
German top driver Jörn Neumann posted the following video on his Facebook page, where you can see how easy it is to calibrate and setup the HMX® ESC.
You can now download our new Quick Start User Guide from the downloads page or by clicking here.
We are pleased to announce the latest update of the Android app with several bug fixes. You can download the latest version by clicking here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamorion.hmx
We are very proud to present you the brand new website about the newly created HMX® Technology – a development which took the best RC drivers, designers and industrial engineers more than 1 year. Find here the key features of this project:
Team Orion® is a world-renowned manufacturer of World Championship winning batteries, chargers, motors and ESCs. Since their first release in 2012, the Swiss brand’s Vortex R10 and R10.1 Pro ESC have dominated almost every major off-road event in the USA, won several European Championships and taken home World Championship titles in on-road and off-road categories.
After many successful years, Team Orion has decided to take brushless technology to the next level. Improving on the R10 and R10.1 design is not easy feat. To achieve this, Team Orion has partnered with some of the most brilliant engineers in the field of brushless power technology. Under the name HMX® Technology a totally new brushless controller technology has been developed and incorporated into an RC ESC.
- State-of-the-art mobile application to setup and program the speed controller
- Extremely fast response and precision thanks a 32bit micro processor
- Unrivaled power feeling and control thanks to newly developed power and brake control curve algorithms, developed with the world best rc car drivers.
- Improved braking characteristics for constant braking feeling at every speed
- Real time signal translation: The signals from the receiver are translated into throttle control signals in real-time for fastest throttle control.
- High-grade components, tested and selected by our engineers
- 3 piece lightweight precision machined aluminum case with machined air ducts for improved cooling
- High efficiency dual PCB design with high performance power board and ultra fast response digital control board
- Highly efficient cooling system that uses a cooling middle plate equipped with air ducts to channel fresh air directly to power PCB where the mosfet are installed.
- Top of the line “Dual Cool” Mosfet transistors for improved heat dissipation
- Advanced Timing settings: two RPM based timing settings and one “Turbo” (full throttle) timing settings
- Switched BEC 6V and 7.4V: Easily switch between 6V and 7.4V BEC voltage for the best servo performance
- Temperature monitoring: real time ESC temperature monitoring to prevent damage from overheating
- Micro USB connector for smartphone connection (iOS support incoming)
- ABC motor wire order protection: in case of motor wire reversal, the ESC cannot be damaged
- Dual sensor port
- Calibration: easy ESC calibration using the app
- Full control of the ESC parameters, no program box required
- Blinky Mode switch
- Advanced graphical display timing setup
- Punch setting
- Maximum Torque
- Neutral Range
- Drag Brake
- Initial Brake Force
- Brake Strength
- Battery low voltage cut-off
- BEC voltage control, 6V or 7.4V
- Drive mode (forward/brake, forward/brake/reverse, forward/reverse)
- Maximum reverse power
- Top speed (motor RPM)
- Motor number of poles
- Number of battery cells
- ESC Overheat Protection switch
- Race proven default ESC setups for the most popular racing categories.
- Download and install the ESC setups user by our pro drivers: Our factory drivers are sharing their settings with you! You can download them directly in the app.
- Save, copy and edit setups
- Easy Firmware Update: when a new firmware is available is available, you are notified via a push-notification. The firmware update is done directly from the app.
- Manage multiple HMX ESCs from the same app.
- Available today for Android Smartphones and Tablets for free. iOS version to be released soon.
- Rated current: const. 250A / peak up to 2000A
- Battery: 2S
- BEC: 6/7.2V 5A adjustable
- Size & weight: 43.9×32.7×22.4mm, 44g (without cables)
#ORI65132 HMX 10 Controller Modified EAN 7612888651323
#ORI65133 HMX 10 Controller Blinky EAN 7612888651330
>Need help choosing the right ESC model? Check out our downloads or click here: Blinky/Modified FAQ.
- HMX® OTP cable for the connection with Android® devices included.
- Power capacitors and carbon look high speed cooling fan included.
- For the connection with an iOS® device the optional BLE wireless dongle ORI65193 is required (optional for Android® devices)
*Legal Notice: The HMX® Smartphone Application (DM/091201) and ESC Design (DM/091196) are protected by copyright law and design registrations. HMX® is a registered trademark of Neidhart SA, Switzerland (No.1270650). HMX® speed controllers have been designed, assembled and programmed in Switzerland. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.